Template:Infobox actor Pocholo "THE VOICEMASTER" Gonzales is a Filipino voice actor whose voiceover work has appeared in radio and TV commercials, audio dramas, children's programs, computer games, dubbed foreign telenovelas, films and anime, and original animation. He conducts voice-acting workshops and runs a full-service voiceover production company, Creativoices Productions www.creativoices.com and an events company called CreativEvents Management. He also works as a voice director for HERO TV, and is Executive Producer of Voice of the Youth TV, the only TV program dedicated to young Filipino voice talents. He did the voice of Toti (a Manananggal) and Hal An (a villain) in his first full length digital animation movie Dayo: Sa Mundo ng Elementalia, an entry in the Metro Manila Film Festival produced by Cutting Edge Productions. Recently, He's part of a training and motivational group called INVOLVE CONSULTANCY, Together with Al Ian Barcelona of AIB Training, Lloyd Luna, PJ Lanot and Cornel Bongco, where they train and develop young people, young professionals, corporate executives, government officials, students, teachers and university staffs. He's also a Filipino Personal Branding Expert and so far speak to more than 100 schools and universities around the world.
Career and works
Gonzales has worked as a voice actor since 1996, when, at age 17, he won the voice acting competition of DZMM's Drama and Singing Contest Radyo Radyo with Joey Galvez and May Valle. He graduated from UP Diliman with a BA in Speech Communication and took up his Master's Degree in Broadcast Communications. Under Tinig Kabataan or Voice of the Youth (VOTY), an advocacy organization he and several friends founded, he also anchored the only youth advocacy radio program at DZME.
In January 2006, Creative Programs Inc. hired him as Voice Dubbing Director for HERO TV and Cinema One, the first exclusive channel for Tagalog-dubbed anime. His credits include Voice Director, Writer, Translator and Voice Actor for "8 Man After", "Demon Lord Dante", "Offside", "Bokura Ga Ita", "Shura No Toki", "Ursula's Kiss", "Negima 2", "Negima Movies", "Black Jack", "The Grudge", "My Brother's Wife", "Nishi no Yoki Majo" and "Black Jack".
Gonzales has dubbed voices for thousands of hours of animation, including such titles as Gundam Seed Destiny, Wedding Peach, Soul Hunter, Negima, Cromartie High, Super Doll Licca, MegaMan, The Twins at St. Clare’s, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Digimon, Jumanji, Detective Conan, Wing Commander, and Cyborg Kuro-Chan, among others. He has also dubbed voices for Latin and Taiwanese soap operas translated into Tagalog, such as Meteor Garden and Chabelita.
Gonzales has also voiced hundreds of local commercials for such varied and high-profile clients as PLDT, Globe Telecom, Smart Telecom, Level Up, Pepsi, National Bookstore, Coffeemate, Wendy's, Insular Life, Oral B, Petron, RCBC Savings, Wow Magic Sing, Coca-Cola, Colt 45, Western Union Money Transfer, Milo, Xenical, Purefoods, Mr. Clean, McDonalds, Head & Shoulders, Bibo Hotdog, Touch Mobile, and Rebisco Crackers, among others. A radio ad where he imitated the voice of Mike Enriquez won an award during the Ad Congress.
He has done work for various TV and radio stations, both major and minor, as a reporter, broadcaster, host, voice over, radio drama talent and voice director. His programs include Lakas Kabataan, Voice of the Youth Radio, Awit-Tawanan, Radyo Radyo, Sey Mo, Sey Ko (with Tiya Dely Magpayo and Eloisa Cruz Canlas), Text Love, Mr. Romantico, Ito ang Palad Ko, Hagupit ng Pagkakataon, Batibot, Batang Batibot, Koko Kwik Kwak, Tatak Pinoy and Sineskwela. He was mentored by no other than Bernard Factor Canaberal and Salvador M. Royales during his stay in Manila Broadcasting Company DZRH.
He works as a freelance voice talent for local audio production houses such as Hit Productions, Sound Design Productions, Liquid Post, Digitrax, Ignite Media, Ad Farm, Noisy Neighbors, Audio Media, RoadRunner Audio Post, Cutting Edge Productions, SoundWeavers and 101 Beat.
Recently, he was cast to do the voice of Toti and Hal An for his first Digital Full Length Animation Movie entitled DAYO THE MOVIE. He was the only professional voice artist among other TV Personalities who did voices for Dayo, but before DAYO, he was asked by its producer, Jessie Lasaten to direct, write, and voice its first animation project under Star Records entitled "Little Big Deeds" with Little Big Star Singers such as Sam Concepcion, Charice Pempengco, Makisig Morales, Rhap Salazar and others.
He was also called the Father of Philippine Podcast, He is responsible for ELEKSYON 2007 PODCAST where he podcast all the senatoriables. http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/podcasts/. He also did Digital Filipino Podcast, Titik Pilipino Podcast, Hackenslash the Podcast, E Telecare Podcast, Ang Gara ng Buhay Podcast, Tek Tok Podcast and many other.
He's recently hosting and producing PINOY POPCAST with The EventsMaster Azrael Coladilla and the rest of Filipino Bloggers.
He directed and voiced the new Yahoo Messenger Pinoy Audibles.
In November 6, 2009, He was awarded as one of the Most Inspiring Bataeno MicroEntrepreneur by no other than the President of the Republic of the Philippines, Pres. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, Joey Concepcion of Philippine Center for Entrepreneurship and GO NEGOSYO, Hon. Enrique "Tet" Garcia Jr, Governor of the Province of Bataan, Congressman Abet Garcia of Bataan and Mayor Joet Garcia of Balanga City for building CreatiVoices Productions, following his commitment in turning a business out of his voice-acting craft, and along the way providing inspiration and opportunities to other voice talents, thereby helping cultivate the voice acting industry in the country. By the exemplifying the qualities of a successful entrepreneur, he is proof that Bataenos have the passion, creativity and determination to start a business and turn the country into an entrepreneurial nation.
In January 2010, Gonzales together with bloggers from Blogwatch.ph interviewed the presidentiables for 2010 Philippine National Election.</ref> http://www.blogwatch.ph</ref>
In March 2010, he partnered one again with www.inquirer.net to Podcast and Videocast the Presidentiables, Vice Presidentiables and Senatoriables.
Gonzales has done a lot of voice-over opportunities for professional and aspiring voice talents. He is organized the first and only Voice Acting and Dubbing Contest in the Philippines, The DUB IT OUT! Dubbing Contest in partnership with HERO TV. He is also doing a voice acting competition at TOY CONVENTION. His company CreatiVoices Productions and the voice artist organization that he founded the Society of Young Voice Artists of the Philippines (SYVAP) www.syvap.org has been participating with almost all anime conventions in the country like Toy Con, Ozine Fest, Mangaholix, Nemikazi, Anime Overload Festival, Utaku Expo, GlassHouse Event and Hataw, Hanep, Hero. He Co-Organize Metro Comic Con 2009.
He also organized the SYVAP AWARD, an award by the Society of Young Voice Artists of the Philippines recognizing people that helped developed the dubbing industry of the Philippines. The first recipient of this award was Danny Mandia, the Father of the Modern Dubbing Industry of the Philippines. This award was given during the Hataw Hanep Hero Amped Edition at Silver City, Pasig City, Manila, November 22, 2008.
He produced the only TV program that features voice talents on Voice of the Week in 2008, a segment of VOICE OF THE YOUTH TV aired over the Global News Network of Destiny Cable channel 1.
He also organized the only Christmas Party of Voice Talents in 2007 entitled PASKO NG MGA PINOY SUPER HERO.
Gonzales is running the only voice acting school in the Philippines, The Philippine Center for Voice Acting. The seminar/workshop was dubbed VOICEWORX! Basic Voice Acting and Dubbing Workshop.
- CHOY DIRECTING.JPG
Gonzales directing an anime
Gonzales talking to an audience of 10,000
- Voty tv.JPG
Gonzales hosting VOICE OF THE YOUTH TV
Gonzales being interviewed for GO NEGOSYO BIG TIME
Gonzales directing at SFX Studios
Gonzales while recording at SFX Studios
- Mt Fuji Japan.jpg
Gonzales in front of Mt. Fuji, Japan
Early in his career, Gonzales helped to found Voice of the Youth. For more than four years, their radio program aired for two hours each Sunday, giving young people the opportunity to voice their ideas and opinions on a range of issues impacting their lives. At present, VOTY has grown into a collaboration of youth organizations in nearly all provinces of the country, with the goal of providing networks, tools, resources, and recognition for youth leading positive change in their communities.
He has said that he sees great promise in utilizing communication technologies to strengthen youth participation, networking, collaboration and leadership, believing that multi-media—radio, TV, newspapers, mobile phones and the Internet - are powerful tools to inspire, inform, and involve youth towards empowerment.
In 1998, Gonzales became an active youth coordinator and the youngest participant of the 2nd National Youth Parliament (NYP), a biennial assembly of youth representing various sub-sectors and geographical groupings nationwide to develop a legislative-executive agenda for youth development. In 1999, he became a delegate of the Medium-Term Youth Development Plan which served as a guide for government agencies in the implementation of youth-related programs.
He participated in the 27th Ship for Southeast Asian Youth Program in 2000. In 2001 he was chosen by other youth leaders to represent his region for the 1st National Youth Summit or Pambansang Ugong Ng Kabataan (PUNK), a project of the National Youth Commission and Department of Social Welfare and Development. The topics and problems discussed were then documented and presented to President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
In 2003 he helped organize the Philippine celebration of Global Youth Service Day held in Balara, Quezon City on April 11–15. He was the main reactor and discussant for the Fifth National Social Science Congress (NSSC V), held May 15–17. He was one of the top participants for the Young Leaders Program of the National Defense College of the Philippines Institute for Extramural and Continuing Studies, and the youngest delegate and awardee of the 8th Open Conference on Cooperation for Responsible Citizenship and Corporate Governance. On June 12, 2003, he received a Youth Action Net Award given by the International Youth Foundation.
He was one of the speakers and facilitators during the 3rd International Youth Conference held at Philippine Normal University and Malacanang Palace, led by the United Nations Association of the Philippines (UNAP), the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization-Associated Schools Project (UNESCO ASPNet), and Philippine Normal University (PNU).
In 2004 he attended the World Youth Peace Summit in Bangkok, the International Conference on Youth Empowerment in Hong Kong, and the 2nd International Youth Parliament in Sydney, Australia. He also won the Youth in Action Award given by the Global Youth Action Network in New York City. That year, he was invited by the Office of the President to work with the Youth Affairs Office under Marc Castrodes, then became Office of Presidential Assistant for Youth Affairs under Dennis Cunanan, which became the Youth Arm of the President of the Philippines to promote a Strong Republic; he traveled the Philippines as a representative of this office. After the election of 2004, he was detailed at the Commission on Higher Education as Staff.
In 2005, he founded the Society of Young Voice Artists of the Philippines, an organization that promotes voice acting as an art. That year, he was one of the ten Filipino Delegates who was chosen to represent the Philippines to the Young Global Citizen of the British Council in Jakarta, Indonesia.
He also participated in Filmart Hong Kong in 2006, Gwangjung ACE Fair in South Korea in 2007 and CommunicAsia/BroadcastAsia in Singapore in 2005.
- Arachaman in "MaskMan Korea" (Korean Anime)
- Bloody, Goryugan in "Madan Senki Ryukendo" (HERO TV)
- Character Voice in "Alaxan/Enervon" (RC - Road Runner)
- Character Voice in "Argentina Meat Loaf" (Radio)
- Character Voice in "Argentina MeatLoaf - Pasado/Trabaho" (RC - Hit Productions)
- Character Voice in "Beast" (RC AB Comm - Cutting Edge Productions)
- Character Voice in "Coca-cola promo" (Radio commercial)
- Character Voice in "Coke - Hottah-Hottah Summah" (Mccann - Hit Productions)
- Character Voice in "Dazz" (RC Tag/Ceb - Digitraxx)
- Character Voice in "Double Mint Gum" (Radio commercial)
- Character Voice in "Flash -LOWE Inc" (Road Runner)
- Character Voice in "Fruitella - Thumb" (MCE-Vanmel - Hit Productions)
- Character Voice in "Globe - konduktor" (RC - Harrison Comm.- Ad Farm)
- Character Voice in "Globe - Rady/Gutom/Taksil" (RC - Mccann - Globe - Hit Productions)
- Character Voice in "Green Cross "Julia" (Gallardo and Associates - Hit Productions)
- Character Voice in "Jectran - Novela" (AVP - Digitraxx)
- Character Voice in "JimenezBasic Merger" (Jimenez D'Arcy)
- Character Voice in "Maggi Tomato and Meat Cube" (Radio)
- Character Voice in "Milo "Karerista- Milo Marathon" (RC - Adfarm)
- Character Voice in "Minola Budget Pouch" (Radio)
- Character Voice in "My ISP Load - Strict" (RC - Digitraxx)
- Character Voice in "National Bookstore - News" (RC - Digitraxx)
- Character Voice in "Neozen -Blink" (Mccann - Unilab - RC - Hit Productions)
- Character Voice in "Parada" (Road Runner)
- Character Voice in "Pedialite - Project Mike" (Sound Design)
- Character Voice in "Pepsi- Lipton Ice Tea -Mother Nature/Our Father" ( JWT - Hit Prod)
- Character Voice in "Petron Lakbay Alalay 2005" (Ace Saatchi)
- Character Voice in "Phimco -Ngongo" (Campaigns RC - AdFarm)
- Character Voice in "PLDT -P10 Per Call Extention" (Liquid Post)
- Character Voice in "Ponkana - Robber/Suspects" (RC - MCE - Hit Productions)
- Character Voice in "Project Pinoy" (AB Comm- Road Runner)
- Character Voice in "Project: All Star" (Noisy Neighbors)
- Character Voice in "Purefoods - Style Takawrus" (TV - Hit Productions)
- Character Voice in "Revecon" (Mccan - Ad Farm)
- Character Voice in "Smart - I-memorize Yan/Joe Taruc" (BBDO - Hit Productions)
- Character Voice in "Smart - Nicole and Paris" (RC - Adfarm)
- Character Voice in "Smart Buddy - D' Anothers" (Ace Saatchi and Saatchi)
- Character Voice in "Smart Zen - D Anothers" (Ace Saatchi)
- Character Voice in "SmartTalk - Superpayphone" (Tag/Ceb - Digitraxx)
- Character Voice in "Sprite" (TV Commercial)
- Character Voice in "Sun Cellular - Extended Family" (RC - Campaigns - AD Farm)
- Character Voice in "UNILAB UHP -Anuman" (RC - MCE - Hit Productions)
- Character Voice in "Western Union Money Transfer" (Radio)
- Character Voice in "Xenical - Husband" (TVC - Ace Saatchi)
- Commercial Model in "Colt 45 - Stampede Promo" (TV Commercial)
- Dr. Flim in "Guallivers Travels"
- Dr. Wick and Atty. Mario Layva in "Camila"
- Drer in "Lazer Patrol"
- Extra in "Lazon de Amor"
- Extra in "Samantha"
- Extra in "Wing Commander"
- Father of Sanchi in "Meteor Garden"
- Ferdie and Doctor in "Lovers" (ABS-CBN)
- Gamu in "Ultraman Gaia"
- Kid in "Big Mouth Dudu" (Chinese Anime) (Tagalog)
- Masigla in "LITTLE BIG DEEDS"
- Nicolas and Professor in "Sinti"
- Ricardo Sottomayor and Roman in "Chabelita"
- Roman in "Altagracia"
- Singer in "Red Bowl Sardines"
- Toti and Halan in "DAYO the Movie" (First Digital Animation Movie in the Philippines) (Tagalog)
- Xiao, Beast Master, etc. in "Shen Bing Kids" (Chines Anime) (Tagalog)
- Non-anime staff credits:
- <Jayson> for "<Smile Again>" (<Koreanovela>)
Staff in: (Tagalog version)
- Akazukin Cha Cha (TV) : Script, Translation
- Biker Mice From Mars (TV) : Dubbing Director
- Black Jack (OAV) : Dubbing Director
- Bokura ga Ita (TV) : Dubbing Director
- Demon Lord Dante (TV) : Script (Translator), Voice Direction
- Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny (TV) : ADR Engineer
- Negima! (TV) : Dubbing Director
- Negima!? (TV) : Dubbing Director
- Revolutionary Girl Utena (TV) : "Translator/Writer, Voice Direction
- Shura no Toki: Age of Chaos (TV) : Voice Direction
- Digimon Adventure (TV) as Ikukumonerrorsource
- 8 Man After (OAV) as 8 Man, Hazama, Mayor, Eddie Schimt
- Ai no Gakko Cuore Monogatari (TV) as Friends
- Ai no Wakakusa Monogatari (TV) as Father
- Air Gear (TV) as Kazu
- Akazukin Cha Cha (TV) as Barabaraman; Haidenyansu; Lolo Ni Orin (Redubbed); Mikeneko; Nyandaber Z; Omibozu
- Angie Girl (TV)
- Aoi Blink (TV) as Prinsipe and other characters
- ATASHIn'CHI (TV) as Teacher, Extraserrorsource
- Bast of Syndrome (Korean TV) as Dupe
- Bokura ga Ita (TV) as Takeuchi (ep 1-4)
- Capricorn (OAV) as Baker; Bobo; Dr. Yottru
- Case Closed (TV) as Guest
- Cooking Master Boy (TV) as Sanche; Shell
- Cosmo Warrior Zero Gaiden (TV) as Axelluter; Rai
- Cromartie High School (TV) as Akira Maeda; Pootan
- Cyborg Kuro-chan (TV) as Kuro Chan
- Daisuki! Bubu- Chacha (TV) as Cha cha
- Demon Lord Dante (TV) as Ryo Utsugi
- Digimon Tamers (TV) as Guilmon, Gomamon, MegaGrowlmon
- Eureka Seven (TV) as Moondoggie; Stoner; Woz
- Gakuen Alice (TV) as Mikan Grandfather; Misaki; Noda; Reo; Takahashi
- Gatchaman (TV) as Berg Katse
- Gokudo (TV) as Various Characters (Prinsipe)
- GUNxSWORD (TV) as Michael Gallet; The Claw; Baron Mayor; Gadved; Giovanni (ep 14); Jose
- Hareluya II Boy (TV) as Baraki (Substitute)
- Hello! Lady Lin (TV) (ABS-CBN Dub)
- Ie Naki Ko Remi (TV) as Ricardo
- Inspector Fabre (TV) as Inspector Fabre
- Kekkaishi (TV) as Gen Shishio (substitute); Mamezou
- Lady Lady!! (TV) (ABS-CBN Dub)
- Little Susie and Marvy (TV) as Professor Peebney; Penguin
- Megaman (U.S. TV) as Dr. Light
- Miracle Girls (TV)
- (The) Mischievous Twins (TV) as Jimmy and Father
- Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny (TV) as Sting; Yzak Joule
- Negima! (TV) as Kamu; Principal; Takamichi T. Takahata
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (TV) as Extra Characterserrorsource
- Offside (TV) as Yakumaru; Translator; Voice Director
- Onegai My Melody (TV) as Mr. Flat; Mr. Hiragi; Mr. Hiragi; Papa
- Pretear (TV) as Goh
- Saber Marionette J to X (TV)
- School Rumble (TV) as Nara Kentarou
- School Rumble: 2nd Semester (TV) as Nara Kentarou
- School Rumble: Extra Class (OAV) as Nara Kentarou
- Shura no Toki: Age of Chaos (TV) as Iori (child); Iori Miyamoto (adult)
- Soar High! Isami (TV)
- Soul Hunter (TV) as Emperor Chou (Original dubbed)
- Soul Link (TV) as Shuhei Aizawa
- Swiss Family Robinson (TV) as Various Characters
- (The) Three-eyed One (TV)
- Tico and Friends (TV) as Various Characters (Goons and Extra Characters)
- Transformers: Cybertron (TV) as Star Scream (Jet Fire)
- Voltron (TV) as Coran
- Wakakusa Monogatari Yori Wakakusa no Yon Shimai (TV)
- Wedding Peach (TV) as Limone
- Toti and Hal-An "DAYO, Sa Mundo ng Elementalia" 2008 Cutting Edge Productions (First Filipino 3d and 2d animation)
- Voice Director/Bata 1 "Libingan ng mga Kapre" 2008 Tuldok Animation
- Voice Director/Nuno 1 "Pasintabi" 2010 Tuldok Animation
- Youtube Channel for CreatiVoices 
- Voice of the Youth Network 
- Youth Action Net Award 
- Pocholo Gonzales' Official Site 
- CreatiVoices Productions [www.creativoices.com]
- Society of Young Voice Artists of the Philippines