|Slogan||Conduct, Rectify, Amplify|
|Motto||Dare to be; Be Different|
|Location||Template:Flagicon Electrical and Electronics Engineering Institute Building, UP Diliman, Quezon City Philippines|
UP Circuit is an academic organization based in the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Institute duly recognized by the University of the Philippines. The organization was established in 1994 as the students’ response to a more dynamic department. As such, its members aim to meet the needs of current EEE students as future engineers by helping them attain the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in the ever evolving field of engineering.
UP Circuit is an academic organization based in the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Institute (EEEI) duly recognized by the University of the Philippines. The organization was established in 1994 as the students’ response to a more dynamic department. As such, its members aim to meet the needs of current EEE students as future engineers by helping them attain the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in the ever evolving field of engineering.
UP Circuit’s pride as an organization is in its members’ tradition of academic excellence. The organization is a consistent source of achievers for both the institute and the university. Every semester, its members emerge as part of the list of University and College Scholars. The members are not only recipients of various awards inside and outside the university, but they are also chosen to represent the university in different contests, talks and conferences. Despite its young age, the organization has come up with seven BPI-DOST Science Awardees and two Board top-notchers.
UP Circuit has established within itself what it takes to be a premier organization in the University of the Philippines. For the past 18 years, it has organized 15 seasons of SquEEEze – the only annual Electrical and Electronics Engineering national quiz show, Sibol – a tree-planting and fundraising activity, AKBAY – a socio-civic project that aims to provide high school students with adequate computer and information technology skills, and PalEEEtan – a campus exchange program. In addition, it has also put together two seasons of ChargEEEng UP, co-presented four years of LoveRage in the UP Fair, co-presented Microsoft’s InstallFest – a promotional event on the use of legal and genuine Microsoft Software, handled numerous tutorials, review sessions and volunteer works within the institute, the college and the community, including EEEscape the ShoCKT – a series of review sessions to help the freshman adapt to the university and EEE Life, and many other projects that continue to help students inside and outside EEEI.
- The organization shall strive to help improve the academic performance of its members and fellow students.
- It shall foster camaraderie, cooperation and unity among its members and fellow students.
- It shall provide opportunities for self-development and personal growth of its members.
- It shall continue and enhance the communication between Electrical and Electronics Engineering students and alumni.
- It shall inform and encourage members to appreciate issues on the latest developments in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
UP Circuit Logo
The logo of the UP Circuit has the letters U, P, and C, which stand for UP Circuit. It also contains the acronyms of the three courses that comprise the EEE program on the magnetic field lines in a representation of a three-phase motor.
- Annual national intercollegiate EEE quiz show; UP Circuit’s flagship project, started in 1998
- Campus exchange program where the organization visits other universities offering EEE courses (Ateneo de Manila University, De La Salle University, Mapúa Institute of Technology, University of Santo Tomas)
- AKBAY (Advanced Knowledge for the Betterment of Aspiring Youth)
- Socio-civic project aimed at providing technological knowledge to high school student; conceptualized by Lew Tria
- Tree planting activity and fund raising for AKBAY
- Y4iT (Youth Congress for Information Technology)
- Convention of IT students conducted by UP Information Technology Training Center; UP Circuit volunteers in this yearly event
- Sportsfest for UP Circuit members
- Division Wars (Div Wars)
- A team-building event where the different divisions compete with one another
- Circuit Week
- A showcase of UP Circuit’s activities throughout the years; held every February, the month that UP Circuit is established
- UP tour and bonding activity for EEE freshmen
- EEEscape the ShoCKT
- Series of reviews for EEE students. The subjects include Math(17, 53, 54), Physics(71), EEE(11,31)
- Microsoft InstallFest
- An event of Microsoft, in cooperation with UP Circuit, that promotes the use of genuine Microsoft software by giving free Microsoft software to UP Diliman Engineering students
- Seminar for engineering entrepreneurship; spearheaded by Lew Tria and Norman Valdez, held in 2006
- SquEEEze Jr.
- EEE quiz show for high school students
- GILAS (Gearing Up Internet Literacy and Access for Students)
- A project that aimed to provide Internet facilities for public high schools
- UP Circuit Olympics; succeeded by BaCKTbakan
- font used in UP Circuit Logo
- Fidelito Fernandez
- designer of UP Circuit Logo
- Sheila and Leo Lim, Anastacia and Elbert Sean Alvarez
- founding members and married couples
- Secretariat Committee
- newest UP CKT division; started AY 2008-2009
- University of the Philippines
- University of the Philippines Diliman
- University of the Philippines Diliman College of Engineering
- UP Electrical and Electronics Engineering Institute
- UP EEEI - UP Circuit
- Facebook page
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named