Recommended materials for DILC staff
These are some recommendations for new DILC staff:
- Sheila Coronel on "Media Power & People Power: Citizens, Journalists & the University in the Internet Age"
- For the set-up and interesting ideas that may be relevant to DILC's mission, TED Lectures, perhaps starting with Postel on "Glamour" and "Lee hunts General Tso"
- "Information Rules: A Strategic Guide to the Network Economy" by Shapiro and Varian - a relatively dated book but highly relevant to what DILC does
- Episteme (Feb 2009)
- Donald Norman, "The Design of Everyday Things"
- "Free! Why $0.00 Is the Future of Business"
- "Free Monty Python Videos on Youtube Lead to 23,000% DVD Sale Increase"
- "The NRKbeta doctrine"
Please feel free to suggest more materials.