Leonor M. Briones
Professor Leonor M. Briones is a former National Treasurer of the Philippines and a retired faculty member of the U.P. National College of Public Administration and Governance where she taught courses in public fiscal management. He has exhaustively written articles on public finance and is the lead convenor of Social Watch Philippines.
She obtained her M.P.A. from the University of the Philippines (UP) and a postgraduate diploma in development administration (with distinction) from the University of Leeds in the United Kingdom.
Professor Briones ran for the U.P. presidency in 2011 but lost to Asian Development Bank (ADB) consultant and then incumbent Faculty Regent Alfredo E. Pascual, Ped.D.(h.c.).
- Former Director, Bureau of the Treasury, Republic of the Philippines (National Treasurer)
- Former Director, UP Center for Policy and Executive Development
- Master of Public Administration (MPA), University of the Philippines
- Diploma in Development Administration, University of Leeds
- B.S. Accountancy (magna cum laude), Silliman University
- PA 230 - Fiscal Management in Government
- PA 231 - Public Fiscal Administration