How to archive a film thesis on Obletorr
You may archive huge media files (ex: film thesis) on Obletorr, provided you own the copyright of these files that are downloadable within Dilnet only (for now). Here's how:
- Step 1: Using your favorite bittorrent client, create a .torrent file by
- selecting a file that you want to share and
- adding the ff torrent trackers:
http://ikot.dilc.upd.edu.ph:6969/announce http://toki.dilc.upd.edu.ph:6969/announce http://obletorr.upd.edu.ph/announce.php
Please write the appropriate description of the file you are sharing.
- Step 2: Connecting via Dilnet, open the resulting .torrent file, using your torrent client.
- Step 3: From Dilnet, upload and share your file with a permanent DILC seeder by doing the following:
- sending the resulting .torrent file to email@example.com
- uploading the resulting .torrent file to obletorr.upd.edu.ph
- seeding the file until at least 1 DILC server has a complete copy of it
- Step 4: Create a cover page using this instruction.
- On Dilnet, make a bypass-proxy setting for ikot.dilc.upd.edu.ph and toki.dilc.upd.edu.ph.
- If you want your film to be downloadable from networks other than Dilnet, please inform firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This torrent file archiving service is provided by DILC on a "best efforts" basis. Owners of files are advised to have their own backup.