Contract of Service
C O N T R A C T O F S E R V I C E S
This contract made and entered by and between:
- UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES, a state institution of higher learning established and operating under Act. No. 1970, as amended, with principal office address at Diliman, Quezon City,represented herein by ( Name of Representative), (position/ title of the representative, hereinafter referred to as the “UNIVERSITY”;
- ( Name of person hired), of legal age, Filipino and with residence and postal address at _________________(ADDRESS)____________, hereinafter referred to as “SECOND PARTY”;
- 1.That the University is in need of the services of the Second Party who shall perform work not performed by the regular personnel of the University;
- 2.That the Second Party has signified his intention, to which the University has accepted, to provide the services needed by the latter ;
- 3.That the Second Party hereby possesses the education, experience and skills required to perform the job as described herein;
- 4.That the Second Party hereby attests that she is (a)not related within the third degree of consanguinity or ,affinity to the hiring authority and/or representative of the University; (b)that he has not been previously dismissed from government service by reason of an administrative offense;(c) that he has not already reached the compulsory retirement age of sixty-five (65);
- 5.That in view hereof, the Second Party is hereby contracted as _(position title)___, _from (effectivity date)to _(end of term )_______, but in no case exceeding six (6) months, in consideration of the daily rate of( amount in words )_________(amount in figure) , to be paid on a daily basis;
- 6.That as ______(Position Title )________, the Second Party is expected to perform the following functions:
- - (functions should be enumerated)
- - (functions should be enumerated)
- 7. That the Second Party shall perform work at a time and schedule to be agreed upon by both parties;
- 8. That it is understood that this contract does not create an employer-employee relationship between the University and the Second Party, that the services rendered hereunder are not considered and will not be accredited as government service; and that the latter is not entitled to leave privileges and other benefits enjoyed by the regular personnel of the University, such as but not limited to PERA, ACA, and RATA;
- 9. Notwithstanding the fixed duration of this contract, the services of the Second Party, may beterminated earlier than the expiration date due to unsatisfactory service, unavailability of funds,early completion of discontinuance of the project, or other reasons within the control of the Second Party, but upon notice served by the University;
- IN WITNESS WHEREOF, both parties have hereunto set their hands this ___th day of __________,2009 at the UP Diliman, Quezon City.
- UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES SECOND PARTY
- By: By:
- ___________________________ ________________________
- ______________________________ ____________________________
REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES (________________________)s.s.
BEFORE ME, a Notary Public for and in the above jurisdiction, personally appeared the following:
- Known to me to be the same persons who executed the foregoing instrument and acknowledged to me that the same is their won free will and voluntary act and deed.
- This instrument consists of two (2) pages including this page wherein this Acknowledgment is written, and is signed by the parties and their instrumental witnesses on each page hereof.
- WITNESS MY HAND AND SEAL, This _________ 2009 at U.P. Diliman, Quezon City.
Page No.: _____
Book No.: _____
Series of 2009
|NAME||COM.TAX. CERT. NO.||DATE/ PLACE ISSUED|