Associate Professor 3
National Institute of Physics, College of Science
University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City 1101
- Theoretical Mechanics (Undergraduate [121, 122] , Graduate  and Advanced Graduate Level );
- General Physics (Mechanics [71, 101, 71.1], Electromagnetism[72, 72.1, 102], Modern Physics [73, 73.1], Physics and Astronomy for Pedestrians );
- Advanced Methods in Experimental Physics (Physics 191 & 192);
- Advanced Methods in Computational Physics (Physics 212 & Physics 215)
- Mathematical Methods in Contemporary Physics (Physics 313)
International Refereed (ISI) Articles Published (total = 29, h index =6, total citations =85)
Book Chapters (total = 2)
International Conference Proceedings (total = 6)
National Refereed Journal (total = 8)
National Refereed Proceedings (total = 77)
- C. Monterola, I. Crisologo, J. Tugaff, R. Batac, A. Longjas, "Surface Morphology of Chalkboard Tips Captures the Uniqueness of the User's Hand Strokes," Intl J of Mod Phys C (accepted for publication, March 2010)
- I. Crisologo, R. Batac, A. Longjas, E.F. Legara and C. Monterola, "A procedure for generating a random number sequence using seven individuals", Intl J of Mod Phys C (accepted for publication, March 2010).
- E.F. Legara, C. Monterola, and C. Abundo, "Ranking of predictor variables based on effect size criterion provides an accurate means of automatically classifying opinion column articles", Physica A (2010).
- E.F. Legara, C. Monterola, C. David, and J.M. Atun, "News Framing of Population and Family Planning Issues via Syntactic Network Analysis", Intl J of Mod Phys C 21, Issue: 1, pp. 51-65. 2010.
- M. Arciaga, M. Pastor, R. Batac, J. Bantang, and C. Monterola, Experimental observation and empirical model of enhanced heap stability resulting from mixing of granular materials, Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment
- C. Monterola, Cheryl Abundo, J. Tugaff, and L.E. Venturina, Prediction of potential hit song and musical genre using artificial neural networks, Intl J. of Mod. Phys. C (to be published 2009)
- R. Batac, M. Pastor, M. Arciaga, J. Bantang, and C. Monterola, Kinks, Logarithmic Tails, and Super-stability in Bi-disperse Granular Media, Physica A, Vol. 388, pp. 3072-3082 (2009)
- A. Longjas, C. Monterola, C. Saloma, Force analysis of jamming with disks of different sizes in a two-dimensional hopper, Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment (2009).
- G. Esleta and C. Monterola, Effect of memory and reinforcement on the propagation and morphology of fracture in a two-dimensional mass-spring system, International Journal of Modern Physics C (2009).
- C.P. Monterola, R.M. Roxas, & S.L. Carreon-Monterola, "Characterizing the Effect of Seating Arrangement on Classroom Learning Using Neural Networks," Complexity Journal 14, 26 -33, 2009. doi:10.1002/cplx.20237
- J.F. Valenzuela and C. Monterola, "Convective flow-induced short timescale segregation in a dilute bidisperse particle suspension," International Journal of Physics C, 12, 1829-1845, 2008.
- D.E. Juanico, A. Longjas, R. Batac and C. Monterola, "Avalanche Statistics of Granular Driven slides in a miniature mound," Geophysical Research Letters, 35, 2008. doi:10.1029/2008GL035567
- E.F. Legara, C. Monterola, D.E. Juanico, M. Litong-Palima and C. Saloma, "Earning Potential in Multilevel Marketing Enterprises," Physica A, 387, 4889-4895, 2008.
- G.A. Esleta and C.P. Monterola, "Structural reinforcement in a spring-block model of stress-induced fracture propagation," Computer Physics Communications, 178, 635, 2008.
- D.E. Juanico, C. Monterola, & C. Saloma, " Dissipative self-organized branching in a dynamic population Phys. Rev. E Rapid Communication 75, 045105 (2007).
- D.E. Juanico & C. Monterola, "Background activity drives criticality of neuronal avalanches," J. Phys. A 40, 9297-9309 (2007).
- D.E. Juanico, C. Monterola, & C. Saloma, "Self-organised critical branching in systems that violate conservation laws", New Journal of Physics (2007).
- D.E. Juanico, C. Monterola and C. Saloma, "Cluster formation by allelomimesis in real-world complex adaptive systems" Phys Rev E 71, 041905 (2005).
- C. Monterola, and M. Zapotocky, "Noise-enhanced categorization in a recurrently reconnected neural network" Phys Rev E 71, 036134 (2005).
- M. Quito, C. Monterola, and C. Saloma, "Memory and a priori best strategy in complex adaptive systems" Complexity 9, 41-46 (2004).
- D.E. Juanico, C. Monterola and C. Saloma, "Allelomimesis as a generic clustering mechanism for interacting agents" Physica A 320 C, 590-600 (2003).
- C. Monterola and C. Saloma, "Solving the nonlinear Schrodinger equation with an unsupervised neural network: Estimation of error in solution", Optics Communications 222/1-6, 331-339 (2003).
- C. Monterola, M. Lim, J. Garcia and C. Saloma,"Feasibility of a Neural Network as Classifier of Undecided Respondents in a Public Opinion Survey", Int J Public Opinion Research 14, 222-228 (2002).
- C. Monterola, M. Lim, J. Garcia and C. Saloma, "Accurate forecasting of the undecided population in a public opinion poll", Journal of Forecasting 21, 435-449 (2002).
- J. Bantang, M. Lim, C. Monterola and C. Saloma, "Gravity-assisted segregation of granular materials of equal mass and size", Phys. Rev. E 66, 041306 (2002).
- C. Monterola and C. Saloma, "Noise-driven manifestation of learning in mature neural networks", Phys. Rev. Lett. 89, 188102 (2002).
- M. Quito, C. Monterola and C. Saloma, "Solving N-body problems with neural networks", Phys. Rev. Lett. 86 pp. 4741-4744 (2001).
- C. Monterola and C. Saloma, "Solving the nonlinear Schrodinger equation with an unsupervised neural network", Opt. Express 9, 72-84 (2001).
- C. Monterola and C. Saloma, "Characterizing the dynamics of constrained physical systems with unsupervised neural network", Phys Rev E, 57, 1247R-1250R (1998).