Alex B. Brillantes, Jr.
Dr. Alex B. Brillantes, Jr. is a political scientist and former dean of the UP National College of Public Administration and Governance (NCPAG). A full professor of public administration, he sits as the incument president of the Philippine Society for Public Administration (PSPA). Dr. Brillantes was a former chairperson of the Philippine Social Science Council (PSSC).
He received his Ph.D. in Political Science from the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Ph.D. Political Science, University of Hawaii
- M.A. Political Science, University of Hawaii
- Master of Public Administration, University of the Philippines
- B.A. Political Science, University of the Philippines
- Dean, UP National College of Public Administration and Governance
- Former Director, Local Government Academy, Department of Interior & Local Government (DILG)
- PA 201 (Theory & Practice of Public Administration)
- PA 327 (Comparative Development Administration)
- Alex B. Brillantes, Jr. and Maricel T. Fernandez, Winter 2011. GOOD GOVERNANCE, SOCIAL QUALITY AND ACTIVE CITIZENSHIP: GAWAD KALINGA IN THE PHILIPPINES, International Journal of Social Quality, Volume 1 • Issue 2 • 2011 (http://journals.berghahnbooks.com/ijsq/)
- AB Brillantes, Jr. and MT Fernandez, 2011. RESTORING TRUST AND BUILDING INTEGRITY IN GOVERNMENT: ISSUES AND CONCERNS IN THE PHILIPPINES AND AREAS FOR REFORM, International Public Management Review, Vol. 12, Iss. 2, 2011; pp. 55-80 (http://www1.imp.unisg.ch/org/idt/ipmr.nsf/ac4c1079924cf935c1256c76004ba1a6/dfd1fcf33e53c2ecc125794f00359d25/$FILE/Brillantes%20&%20Fernandes_IPMR_Volume%2012_Issue%202.pdf)
- Is There a Philippine Public Administration? or Better Still, For Whom is Philippine Public Administration? By Alex B. Brillantes, Jr. and Maricel T. Fernandez
- Innovations and Excellence: Understanding Local Government in the Philippines, 2003. By Alex B. Brillantes, Jr.
- Decentralization and Power Shift: An Imperative for Good Governance (A Sourcebook on Decentralization and Federalism Experiences, Volume II), 2003. By Alex B. Brillantes, Jr., Simeon A. Ilago, Eden B. Santiago and Bootes P. Esden