UP Aggregates, Inc.
The University of the Philippines Aggregates, Incorporated also known as UP Aggregates, Inc. or simply Aggre is a non-profit, academic organization of civil engineering students based in the Institute of Civil Engineering of the University of the Philippines Diliman.
UP Aggregates was established in July 1985 when the need for a more fulfilling student organization arose in the hearts of 29 civil engineering students - an organization that would recognize their academic objectives as well as provide an outlet for meaningful extra-curricular participation.
Quickly establishing itself as an active participant in numerous campus activities, the organization has organized a few of its own activities such as film showings, sales, seminars, and outreach programs.
In 2003, through the hard work of the resident members, the organization has been recognized by the Securities and Exchange Commission and has become, UP Aggregates, Incorporated.
On its 33rd year, UP Aggregates, Inc. envisions an invigorating environment that strengthens companionship and delivers extensive opportunities for collective growth. The organization seeks to fortify its identity as a community geared towards the pursuit of unity and camaraderie. Aggre aspires to ignite passion among its constituents in their continuous efforts towards academic excellence and holistic growth.
To ignite empowerment, the organization will commit to a continuously evolving program for personal and professional development. It will strive to provide its members with well-inspired platforms to discover and develop knowledge and skills whilst encouraging improved communication and productive collaboration. As it continues to mold youth leaders through managing and partaking in efforts inspired by the call to serve their community, Aggre remains fueled by the determination for member welfare and inclusivity.
Based on the 2017 Constitution (Article IV, Section 2), the highest governing body of the Organization is the Board of Directors, elected by the General Assembly, and is composed of the President, the Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and the Directors of the standing committees.
The standing committees are as follows:
- Committee for Academic Affairs
- Committee for Applications
- Committee for External Affairs
- Committee for Finance
- Committee for Internal Affairs
- Committee for Logistics and Secretarial Operations
- Committee for Press and Publicity
- Committee for Professionals and Alumni Relations
Members of the UP Aggregates, Inc. exhibit excellence, most notable in the field of academics. UP Aggregates, Inc. is home to class valedictorians of the Institute of Civil Engineering for the last three years and to topnotchers of the civil engineering board exams:
- Romeo Longalong (Magna cum laude '10, Top 3 in November 2010 CE Board Exam)
- Elvin Bernardo Cruz (Magna cum laude '11, Top 6 in November 2011 CE Board Exam)
- Benjamin Suarez (Top 8 in May 2012 CE Board Exam)
Some members of the organization also participated and obtained awards from different prestigious engineering competitions in and outside the country:
- Introducing and Demonstrating Earthquake Engineering Research in Schools 2011, 2012 (Taipei)
- Most Outstanding Civil Engineering Student Award of the Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers
- 2012 Executives' Challenge (UP Los Banos)
- 2010 Engineering Math Competition (UP Los Banos)