Tips on Biking on UP Campus
Tips on Biking on the UP Academic Oval
- Watch out for crazy car and motorcycle drivers invading the bike lane.
- The two-way bike lane on the Academic Oval is also shared with joggers. Maintain a predictable path and speed, so joggers can anticipate your move.
- See also the memo Patakaran ukol sa daloy ng trapiko sa Academic Oval at paggamit ng bike lane
Bike Parking on Campus
1. Bike racks have been installed at the following locations:
Inside the Academic Oval: kiosk in front of Faculty Center (across the street), Quezon Hall (Administration building), UP Main Library South of Academic Oval: UP Faculty Center, UP Vargas Museum, UP CDC North of Academic Oval: NCTC, Shopping Center
Further away from the Academic Oval: HRDO/ISSI, Campus Maintenance Office
See UPD Map for guidance on landmarks.
2. In buildings where there are no bike racks, use your imagination.
Bike Repair on Campus
For minor quick repairs, look for "Mang Ben" at a kiosk fronting the Faculty Center (Claro M Recto Hall). He may be able to help you. An alternative bike repair service is at B12-B, Village B, UP Campus.
For simple flat tire problem, there is free use of bicycle pumps (generously shared by the UP Padyak Project) at the following locations:
- AS Walk
- Ilang-ilang Dorm
- Molave Dorm
- Yakal Dorm
- Kamia Dorm
- Faculty Center Kiosk
- Faculty Center Walk
Biking Groups on Campus
There are many biking enthusiasts' groups on campus that may help you with your biking needs. These include:
1. UP Padyak
2. UP Century Riders
Biking Campaign on Campus
1. UP Padyak
2. USC's Dagdag Padyak