Difference between revisions of "Sensors and Controls @ DILC"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 22:28, 3 December 2019
a cost-effective, robust, integrated multi-trigger security and alert system using off-the-shelf or recycled hardware and sensors and open-source software technologies for messaging, video streaming and recording, machine vision, video analytics, thermal and power monitoring and control. It provides multi-channel feedback (Twitter, Email, SMS, etc).
- heat (aircon not working, fire)
- smoke (smoke detector linked to online alarm system)
- motion (person entering/leaving building or room)
- sound (fans, batteries failing, alarm of non-networked motion or thermal sensors)
- power outage
- video recording
- log recording
- alarm (sound, light)
- phone dialling
IP camera, POE (Power Over Ethernet), direct-to-NAS recording (AFP, SAMBA, or NFS), inputs for PIR sensors, Infra Red light for night vision, mechanical IR-Cut Filter Switch (basic surveillance functions incorporated into the camera; camera sends stream when preset event occurs; system send SMS/email), NAS (www.nas4free.org - ZSF file system 4 TB RAID Z2)
Smoke and Temp Module
This module monitors room temperature independent of on-board temperature sensors (also monitored) in our servers. It is especially useful in keeping optimal temperature for DILC's data center. Cooling the room too much is a waste of energy. Temperature readings are occasionally verified using 3rd-party thermal instruments.
Motion Detection and Video Monitoring Module
- combination of mid-, low-end; recycled, old, new cams
- redundant off-site recordings (continuous and motion-activated events) and picture snapshots
- motion sensors compensate for "blind spots"
Power Monitoring Module
- uses embedded sensors to monitor temperature and power outage and recovery
- redundant power-failure alert system
Webapps and Dashboard Module
- to incorporate streams of data from sensors embedded in equipment
Temperature Sensor Dashboard
- Karen Calado
- Harell Juanico
- Elijah L. Lingbanan (Arduino micro version)
- Rowel Cababat
- Joven Baluyot
- Carlito Graza
- Erickson Sombillo
- Bonifacio Badilla
- Zandro Paul Abadiac
AC Remote Sensor
- Elijah Lingbanan
- Emannuel Abalain
- Chris Manuel Garcia
- Vision Software
- cctv lens calculator - not just any cam please!
- Avtech Products - benchmark projects with prices here.
- Open Platform Video Surveillance System
- Motion. See also this discussion