UP Population Institute
The University of the Philippines Population Institute (UPPI) was formally established as a unit of the University of the Philippines on November 1964 with an initial grant from the Ford Foundation. Located at the College of Social Sciences and Philosophy (Palma Hall) building, it is the only academic institution in the Philippines offering graduate level training in Demography and Population Studies. It has two degree programs, Master of Arts in Demography (MA Demo) and Master in Population Studies (MPopS).
As an academic unit, UPPI performs the three-pronged function of teaching, research, and extension. Through its links with the government, local and international agencies, it plays an important role in the analysis of population-related issues by way of a strong program of research and extension backed up by facilities for analysis of survey data and a data archive of surveys on population-related courses.
- To prepare students for professional careers as demographers and population specialist in various fields of endeavor;
- To pursue a program of research on population that gives emphasis both to emerging technical developments in demography and to research areas significant for planning and program management purposes;
- To serve as focal point for the dissemination of knowledge in the population field and in the application of such knowledge in development planning and program management; and
- To pursue a program of short-term training on population for government and non-government organizations.
- 2014- now : Maria Midea M. Kabamalan, Ph.D.
- 2011-2014 : Josefina N. Natividad, D.SC.
- 2005-2011 : Grace T. Cruz, Ph.D.
- 2002-2005 : Nimfa B. Ogena, Ph.D.
- 1999-2002 : Josefina V. Cabigon, Ph.D.
- 1996-1999 : Aurora E. Perez, Ph.D.
- 1987-1996 : Corazon M. Raymundo, D.SC.
- 1985-1987 : Zelda C. Zablan, D.T.C.
- 1964-1985 : Mercedes B. Concepcion, Ph.D. (1970-1984 as Dean)
College of Social Sciences and Philosophy 3rd Floor Palma Hall, Roxas Avenue, University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines 1101
- Grace T. Cruz
- Maria Midea M. Kabamalan
- Maria Paz N. Marquez
- Josefina N. Natividad
- Nimfa B. Ogena
- Michael Dominic C. del Mundo
- Daezelle C. Pernia
- Danilo C. Dellomas
- Renea S. Santos
- Tel. No. : (632) 981-8500 local 2457 / 2468 / 2477
- Telefax : (632) 920-5402
- E-mail : email@example.com