Certificate Program on Toxic and Hazardous Waste Management THW 240: Pollution Prevention
This training is under the Certificate Program on Toxic and Hazardous Waste Management conducted by the University of the Philippines Diliman (UPD) through the National Engineering Center (NEC). The objective of the program is to build the technical capacity of staff from government and private sectors on the key elements of toxic and hazardous waste management as a requirement for the implementation of RA 6969.
The courses under the program are based on four international training modules offered by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and adapted for the Philippine setting. They were initially offered at NEC from September 2003 to March 2004 under the auspices of USEPA, USAEP/USAID and USDOD using lecturers from the US and RP. The second offering was conducted from November 2004 to March 2005.
Upon completion of the four courses, the participants will receive a Certificate of Completion in Toxic and Hazardous Waste Management. Those attending selected courses are granted a Certificate of Attendance for each completed course.
1. Pollution prevention and cleaner production
2. Communicating P2 concepts
3. Government regulations on P2
4. Internet information and other P2 resources
5. Tools for CP: assessment and technical skills
6. P2 assessment steps and skills
7. Process flow diagram
8. Process mapping
9. Technical feasibility and cost analysis
10. Environmental management systems
11. P2 and CP programs, etc.