Terms of Partnership with Academic Units - GreatIdeas.PH
Terms of DILC Partnership with an UP Academic Unit for the "Great Ideas dot PH" Project
- DILC helps provide opportunities for students and faculty to work together outside the classroom environment. Learning transcends formal educational parameters.
- DILC helps UP prepare its students for leadership roles.
- DILC helps provide faculty members with opportunities to mentor students.
- DILC helps provide opportunities to popularize the disciplines.
- DILC identifies academic unit partners with the expression "in partnership with <name of academic unit partner>"
- DILC issues certificates of commendation to the unit's faculty reps for awards or promotion purposes.
- DILC gives honorarium to partner faculty members, if resources are available.
- The academic unit partner shall provide at least two faculty members willing to:
- help mentor students
- help produce the "Great Ideas @UP" Symposium
- help promote the Project
- The unit takes concrete steps in promoting the Project--including the incorporation of the Project in their courses, encouraging students to nominate and vote for top faculty speakers.
- The unit chooses representative faculty members with a good combination of any of these qualities or skills:
- dedication to the Project
- great attention to details
- willing to work with minimal supervision
- excellent writing skills
- willing to spend time in guiding students who work on the Project
- excellent in video production
- excellent in stage production
- excellent in marketing
- excellent in fund raising
- willing to learn from fellow faculty and other Project members