Issues in cloud computing and storage
This page outlines the issues in cloud computing and storage, with special attention to the University of the Philippines context.
- Cloud Computing - "a model for enabling ubiquitous, convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services) that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction."
Administration, Control, and Security
- P Mell & T Grance (2011) "The NIST Definition of Cloud Computing (Draft): Recommendations of the National Institute of Standards and Technology" National Institute of Standards and Technology. URL (retrieved 19 Sept 2011): http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/800-145/Draft-SP-800-145_cloud-definition.pdf
- Baun, C et al "Cloud Computing: Opportunities and Risks." Computer Science. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-20917-8_8
- NACUA, Cloud Computing Contract Issues
- National Academy of Engineering (2011). Frontiers of Engineering: Reports on Leading-Edge Engineering from the 2010 Symposium. Esp "Cloud Computing" section
- Nicholson, JL (2009) "Cloud Computing's Top Issues for Higher Education"